About the Challenge
/Saturday, June 6th/
Resonate Church, Newaygo
9:00 am Registration Begins
4 Events, 4 different ways to support
2 1/2 Mile Walk
6-Mile Kayak Float
5K Trail Run
75-Mile Motorcycle Route
To give a one-time gift and For a running total of the funds raised please visit the event page by clicking the button below. All funds raised beyond $40K will go toward our Ultrasound Services and will be matched by a very generous donor! Let’s get fundraising!
Register to Fundraise
Register by clicking the button below and filling out the online form. Contact Tammy Belcher at (231) 437-7072 with questions about starting or joining a team, registration, or any other issue.
See you at the Walk!
2.5 Mile Walk
Walk Rally begins at 10:30 at Resonate Church. Please arrive early enough to sign in at registration table.
6 Mile Kayak Float
Kayak Rally begins at 9:30. Please arrive early enough to sign in at registration table.
5K Trail Run
5K Rally begins at 11:00 am. Please arrive early enough to sign in at registration table.
75 Mile Motorcycle Ride
Motorcycle Rally begins at 10:30 am. Please arrive early enough to sign in at registration table.
Raise $200 and get an event cooler (and be entered into a raffle drawing for donated prizes from our local businesses)
What if the event is canceled due to Covid19?
The Challenge for Life is On!
We are proceeding with this important event in 2 ways, because now more than ever, we need your support. The Challenge for Life is critical to the financial health of the ministry each year.
Two options for TC4L for you to choose from:
Option 1: Virtual, on your own. Decide which of the 4 events you will do. Register online by clicking on the “Register” button on this page. Raise Funds by setting up a fundraising page when you register. It’s easy to raise funds online but you can do it old school, offline too. Complete the event anytime it’s convenient for you, between June 6th and 14th. And, please send us some photos or videos of you and your team doing the event. Drop off or mail in any offline funds you have collected and receive your prizes.
Options 2: Attend the actual event on June 6th at Resonate Church. As above, Register online and set up your online fundraising page. Raise funds online or offline. Attend the event in person on Sat. June 6th. We are putting protocols for health and safety in place for the day to practice good social distancing. After you register online, we will be able to send updates with details of how that will work.
While we hope, plan and pray to be able to hold the on-site option; we will be able to fallback to an all-virtual event if necessary. That decision will be made the week prior to June 6th. Keep checking back here for updated information, or check your email, once you register for the event.
Thanks for your support!
What should I do if I can't make it to the event on Saturday, June 6th?
If you can’t make it to the event, don’t worry! You can still help us raise money. As a participant, your real challenge is to see who can raise the most money. You can raise money without coming to the event itself, though we’d love for you to be there if it’s possible. As long as you raise the funds and turn in all moneys before the beginning of the event, you’ll be eligible for top prizes.
Where does my money go?
Where can I turn in my offline money?
Bring all money collected offline with you the morning of the Challenge. If you will not be able to attend the event, drop off all money collected at Insight Pregnancy Services during normal business hours.
What if it rains on Saturday, June 6th?
This event is on rain or shine!
How do I (or my family) get a T-Shirt?
To make sure your family get’s a T-Shirt you will need to register online by clicking on the “register” button at the top of the page. T-Shirts are for fundraisers who raise $50. One T-shirt is allowed per person.
Any tips for fundraising?
- Set a goal
- Start by donating to yourself! People are encouraged when they see that you are financially invested in the thing you’re raising money for.
- Develop your fundraising page – make it your own! Add photos and a story! Why are you supporting? Let people know.
- Contact everyone who sponsored you last year. Start with them, then see if you can find others!
- Remember to be enthusiastic when asking. Don’t be afraid! Let people see how excited you are to raise funds for a good cause.
- Use a special occasion. If you have a birthday or special occasion coming up, ask for donations in lieu of gifts.
How long does the event go?
The Challenge for Life begins at 9:00 am when registration opens. You do not have to arrive at that time. Depending on when your event starts, you may arrive at 10:00 am. Make sure you check out what time your event starts, and give yourself enough time to make it through the registration process. After every event finishes, around 12:00, we will have a picnic lunch together. We encourage everyone to stick around to eat together and hear the big announcement on how much we raised together!
Why should I use online fundraising?
Participants who use online fundraising raise 3 to 4 times the amount of money than those who do not. It is safe and secure, and you don’t need to handle cash or deposit checks. Send the link to your fundraising page (or your team fundraising page) to friends and family via text message, email, or on social media!
Who do I ask to donate?
- Personal Care Circles: Hairstylists, Tanning Salon, Spas
- Social media friends
- Fitness or Sports Circles
- Family: Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents
- Church Circle: Pastors, Small group, Bible study friends
- Hobbies and Clubs: Piano/Music Teachers, Gymnastics Coach, Art Club, Scout Leaders
- Medical Services: Chiropractor, Family Doctor, Dentist, Orthodontist, Optometrist
- Children’s Circles: Moms club, School teachers, babysitters, Daycare provider
I can't participate, but can I volunteer?
Can I push a stroller or take my kids on the 5K Trail Run?
I'd like to raise money offline, what do I need?
You can absolutely raise money offline. You will need one of our pledge sheets attached here to keep track of all the funds you’ve raised. You can bring the cash and these pledge sheets with you to registration on the day of the event.
How To Raise Money
Asking for financial supporters is not as scary as it seems. To start the fundraising process, create a list of roughly 40 family and friends who may be interested in supporting a good cause. Next, create your story. Why are you supporting? What does Insight Pregnancy Services do, and why support them? If you have a personal story to share, that is always helpful too. Finally, start contacting! Create an email, or a written letter to send to your possible supporters, make some phone calls, and use your social media platform to reach out to people.
2 Ways to Collect Money
- After registering online, Fund Easy will create an online fundraising page for you. You should receive this in an email after registering. Follow the link, create your account, and start sharing it with others! This is a safe and secured way for your supporters to donate to your event. It also makes it extremely easy to share your page on all social media platforms!
- You can also raise money offline. You will need a pledge form to collect all information on each supporter. You will collect your cash and checks and bring them with you at registration the morning of the event.