Left untreated, infections can cause irreversible damage to your reproductive system. Both STIs and STDs can pass onto newborns during childbirth if the mother is infected and remains untreated.
Most people who have STDs and STIs don’t know it…
• More than 90% of people with HPV have no symptoms
• About 90% of people with gonorrhea of the throat have no symptoms
• 70% of people with chlamydia have no symptoms
• More than 60% of people with herpes have no symptoms
• Almost no one is ever diagnosed with acute HIV infection; people with HIV are most infectious when they are first infected and when they have end-stage AIDS
The Center for Disease Control can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information on each STI.
Contact us for Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) education, resources and referrals.