For Men: Fatherhood Program
She’s Pregnant…Now What?
When she comes to you and tells you she could be pregnant, it’s natural to feel nervous or unsure. You might feel scared, confused, or angry.
When it comes to pregnancy decisions, you can have a big influence on choices she makes. While she will be the one making final decisions, we are here to help you explore your options too.
1. Gather the Facts
Before you begin worrying what decision she is going to make, does she know if she is really pregnant? Home tests are not always accurate and a diagnostic ultrasound exam is the most reliable way to confirm or negate a potential pregnancy. Take time to find out all your options and the risks and outcomes for each.
2. Talk Man to Man
Meet with our Mentors/Coaches to help you better understand any medical or legal concerns you might have. Men’s classes and one on one help is offered. You can come in with or without your partner.
3. Support Her
Staying calm and helping her research all her options is one of the best things you can do. Offer real support by letting her know you are there for her no matter what. She needs to feel heard, respected and to know she is strong enough.
National Fatherhood Initiative (NFI) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization working to
end father absence. Underlying many of society’s most pressing challenges is a lack of
father involvement in their children’s lives.
Fatherhood Support Services
At insight pregnancy services, we offer special services to all fathers, both new and those not so new. Our Fatherhood Support Services include option education, coaching, classes, and parenting resources. All of our services are completely free and confidential.
Some of our resources include:
- Male coaches who can offer perspective and advice about fatherhood.
- Earn While You Learn classes for learning parenting and fatherhood skills while also earning credit for our center store.
- Medical and community referrals.
INSIGHT 4 DADS
Children of involved fathers are…
- less likely to use drugs/alcohol
- less likely to be in prison
- less likely to be a pregnant teen
- healthier physically & emotionally
- more likely to do better in school
Is Insight 4 Dads 4 U?
- Was your own father absent from your life all or much of the time?
- Are you a 1st time or new Dad?
- Has access to your child(ren) been removed from you?
- Are you co-parenting your child(ren) with their Mom, whom you do not live with?
- Are you being a Dad for someone else’s child(ren) whose Mom you are in a relationship with?
- Are you a Dad who wants to sharpen his skills?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions – this program is for you!
We can get you started on the journey to Dad-Greatness and then keep supporting you along the way.
INSIGHT 4 DADS 12 - week Group
Meet with other Dads and our trained facilitators for two hours, weekly for 12 weeks. Some of the sessions include:
- The role of a Father & What it means to be a man today.
- Looking back: What kind of Father did I have? Grief and loss
- Men’s Health: stress, anger, physical
- Working with Mom as co-parent
- What is my Dad style?
- Work and family
- How kids grow
And there’s always food!
After the group is completed we offer continued support through individual sessions with one of our Coaches for as long as it is helpful to you. Sessions are by appointment. In these meetings you’ll go deeper into the issues that affect you the most.
How Do I Get Involved?
Recognize that being a Dad is a huge task. Being a GREAT Dad is even harder. We can all use a little skill sharpening.
Determine that Insight 4 Dads could help you on the journey to greatness.
Call us to get started in the next group. New groups are starting all the time.
We set up an appointment for you to come in to fill out a short application and talk to a Coach about what to expect in the group and answer your questions.