Thank you for your interest in working with Insight Pregnancy Services. As of August 10, 2020 there are two positions that we are hiring for. Job descriptions can be downloaded here, as well as relevant informational documents.
Patient Services Director, for which you must hold a Registered Nurse license or higher.
Community Relations Coordinator.
Please, fill out and submit the Employment Application. You may call 231-335-2413 with questions.
Patient Services Director
Primary Objective: to ensure quality, life-affirming services for clients/patients in the day-to-day operation of Insight Pregnancy Services and its medical clinic.
Reports to: Executive Director (E.D.) for operations and the Medical Director for med. services
Supervises: Clinic Staff, Volunteer Mentors/Coaches.
Hours: 25-35 hrs. per week to start, some work from home hours possible.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess the following qualifications.
- Be a spiritually mature Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Be a member in good standing of a local church.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position, maintaining a consistent life-affirming philosophy and never referring or advising a client to have an abortion. (When a situation arises where a mother’s life is at risk, the clinic advocates taking measures to preserve her life, hoping that the mother and her child can both be saved.)
- Has a sincere desire to reach at-risk women considering abortion.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statements of Mission, Faith, Principle and the Code of Christian Conduct and all policies of Insight Pregnancy Services.
- Holds a current License or Registry in good standing the with State Medical Board of a Registered Nurse or higher.
- Have two years of experience as a volunteer or employee in ministry and able to provide spiritual leadership, encouragement and direction to those they supervise.
- Exhibit strong, technical, organizational and communication skills and ability to teach others. Is able to carry out responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Able to maintain education, training and competency to perform limited obstetric ultrasound.
- Is physically able to stand for long periods of time, has good eyesight or corrected vision, steady hands and a good bedside manner, being able to connect quickly and effectively with patients.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Train, orient, supervise and evaluate Clinic Staff and Volunteer Mentors.
- Interact with E.D. to relate client/volunteer needs, center progress and problems.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate all services offered to clients.
- Fill gaps in staffing, in order to serve clients.
- Assist the E.D. with designing and implementing programming for clients.
- Assist the E.D. and work with the Medical Director to create and implement operational policies and procedures.
The Clinic Manager provides support and care to the clients and maintains professional standards of care. Under the general supervision of the Medical Director and Executive Director, the Clinic Manager is responsible for planning and performing direct and indirect nursing interventions. He/she is also responsible for a variety of other clinic functions: supervising, organizing, planning, assessing and monitoring the medical services provided by IPS. The Clinic Manager also works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, and lay counselors to assure that patients are receiving the best medical, nursing and psychosocial care possible.
(Rev. 07/20/2020 DL)
Community Relations Coordinator
Primary Objective of the Position: To work with the Executive Director to meet the short and long term resource needs of Insight Pregnancy Services.
Reports to: The Executive Director
Supervises: All paid and/or volunteer fund development and event staff.
Hours: 30 Hours per week with some flexibility.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
1) Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Be a member in good standing of a local church.
2) Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and biblical values of marriage and sexual purity.
3) Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and all policies of the center.
4) Have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, or equivalent experience.
5) Have previous experience with non-profit development, project management and/or managing volunteers.
6) Be able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
7) Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving.
8) Have solid computer skills in use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as basic knowledge of database management.
9) Have knowledge and skill in the use of various social medias.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Public Relations: cast the vision, mission and image of IPS through various forms of media including; social media, public speaking and development of printed materials to both potential clients and potential supporters.
- Fundraising Events: build and work with teams to plan and carry out successful fundraising events.
- Donor Relations: build strong relationships with key community contacts; including churches, businesses, community leaders and major donors, to further the mission and fundraising efforts of the center. This includes management of donor database system including maintaining the integrity of the database, data entry, reporting and prospecting.
- Direct Mail: oversee the planning, printing and mailing of appeals, newsletters, and other direct mail efforts of the center.
- Grants: Identify, apply for and manage appropriate grant funding sources.
Insight Pregnancy Services exists to compassionately encourage healthy sexual choices that protect the sanctity of life and family by providing educational and support services.
Adopted: May 19, 2014
Description of Services
Insight Pregnancy Services is a counseling and educational organization that provides support and education for those facing a possible unplanned pregnancy in the areas of pregnancy options counsel, adoption support, relationship education and support, post-abortion recovery and support, sexual abuse or trauma healing, parenting skills training and fatherhood support. All of our services are always free and confidential.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Adapted from The National Association of Evangelical’s Statement of Faith
Statement of Principle
- Insight Pregnancy Services is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, IPS, embodied in its volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to those who seek our help both in words and actions. Commensurate with this purpose, those who work with IPS are expected to know and follow Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- IPS is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about abortion and all alternatives.
- IPS is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing promised information and services. IPS denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising to or individual conversations with its clients.
- IPS is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing education, emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, our clients may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their children.
- IPS does not discriminate in providing services because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender or religion, except as allowed by law.
- IPS does not recommend, provide or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
- IPS services are always provided free of charge to everyone.
- IPS is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the issues of abortion and that it only compounds human misery rather than resolving it.
- IPS does not recommend, provide or refer single persons for contraceptives. Married persons should seek the counsel of their pastor/priest and/or medical practitioner.
- IPS recognizes adoption as one alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption over other life-affirming options. IPS is independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources. IPS receives no payment of any kind from any adoption provider, does not enter into agreements with them, and does not share office space. IPS does not connect birth parents with adoptive families.
Code of Christian Conduct
- We are conscious of the fact that everything we do, directly or indirectly, has the potential to reflect up Insight Pregnancy Services as a whole.
- We conduct ourselves at all times with openness, forthrightness, and honesty in dealing with people and organization both internally and externally.
- We hold ourselves to the highest possible standard of conduct, always striving to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
- All of our communications are truthful, honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We operate in accordance with all applicable laws
- We respect confidentiality and only disclose information as required by law or as otherwise authorized by the client/patient.
- We treat others with kindness, compassion and in a caring and courteous manner.
- We believe in the sanctity of life from the moment of conception to natural death.
- We oppose abortion, except to save the life of the mother.
- We oppose all forms of abortifacients.
- We give accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- We believe the Bible is the authoritative Word of God and provides guidance for our lives.
- We believe in chastity outside of marriage and fidelity within. We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman as taught in the Bible. Therefore, all staff and volunteers commit to a lifestyle of sexual purity and will refrain from engaging in any sexual relationships outside the bonds of Christian marriage.
- All Board members, staff, volunteers and other representatives of Insight Pregnancy Services shall agree with IPS’s Statement of Faith, profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, hold a solid prolife position on abortion and live a lifestyle consistent with biblical values.
- All “conflict of interest” relationships will be avoided with Board members, staff, suppliers, those we serve and other organizations with whom we deal, unless disclosed and approved.
- No one will accept gifts or favors which might influence the performance of their responsibilities.